2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2010 9:15 AM by the_wine_snob

How do I combine multiple projects into one project?

Cal Jim

I wnat to take my video clips and

combine them into three separate projects and then combine them into one movie.  How is the best way to do this in PrE 7?

• 1. Re: How do I combine multiple projects into one project?
          nealeh Level 5

This is answered in the FAQ's. You can also get at it from the right hand side of screen in this discussion:

combine1.png

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: How do I combine multiple projects into one project?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Neale has covered things very, very well. Thanks Neale!

There is one alternative, that you might want to tuck into the back of your mind. The DV-AVI Type II files are great, and so very easy to edit. They do, however, compress very slightly. Most footage will not show this compression, and all will be perfect, and easy. However, if you find that the compression is showing (it really should not), there is an alternative: the Lagarith Lossless CODEC might be even better. However, one must download and install it.Reboot. PrE will find it and offer it for MS AVI Export/Share. Many rely on this as their "intermediate, transport" CODEC. Lagarith Lossless is free. I would definitely stay with DV-AVI Type II w/ 48KHz 16-bit PCM/WAV Audio first, as it is great, and so very easy. Just keep Lagarith in the back of your mind.

Good luck,

Hunt