3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2010 8:28 AM by the_wine_snob

Projects Won't Open

Callum28

Just got bought the full version of Adobe Elements 8 after having the trial.

When I attempt to open an existing or new project, it begins to open, but than just stops and nothing happens. I can't even open them from the file location. Organize is fine though.

Anyone help me out?

• 1. Re: Projects Won't Open
          Daffypuck Level 1
          • I have the same issue as well. It pisses me off. When I try to open a video clip, say 2gb in size, its takes a good minute or so before it opens.
          • 2. Re: Projects Won't Open
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You should never open a project created in a previous version of the program with a newer version of the program. It almost always leads to buggy behavior.

Beyond that, have you gone to the Help menu and selected Check for Updates to ensure you have the latest patch for the program? Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime?

Without knowing more about your project, your operating system and your computer hardware specs, we can't make any more specific recommendations. But, on a decently powered, well-maintained, up to date system, it shoud not take more than a minute to open a project.

Daffy, you may be dealing with another issue, since you're talking about an individual clip rather than a project. Your issue may have to do with the format of the video and how much conforming the video clip requires.

• 3. Re: Projects Won't Open
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

There could be a lot of reasons for this behavior. If you can review this ARTICLE, and furnish us with a lot more info, it will possibly be easy to see what needs to be changed.

Good luck,

Hunt