2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2010 8:26 AM by the_wine_snob

Elements 8 failing to load

UNYEILDING

Hello to whom this may consern,

I have Premiere Elements 8 and for some unknown reason every time I try opening a project (new or already created) the loading bar stops at 94% and I am stuck in a blank program window. The window has the options bar at the top (functional) but that is it. I retry to open the project over and over and the same thing happens, the loading stops at 94%. This program is my primary tool for editing the numerious school and personal projects and there are many people counting on this program to work, so on behalf of my self and crew, can someone please fix this?

Thank you,

Grant Vargas.

• 1. Re: Elements 8 failing to load
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

As it says at the top of this forum, we'll need much more information before we'll be able to make specific recommendations.

How fast is your processor, how much RAM do you ahve and how much free, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

What operating system are you using? Have you manually gone to Windows Update and ensured you have all of the latest updates (including the optional ones)? Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime from Apple.com?

Have you gone to Premiere Elements Help menu and selected Check for Updates to ensure you have the 8.01 patch?

• 2. Re: Elements 8 failing to load
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Grant,

Welcome to the forum.

While you are gathering the info, that Steve has asked for, you might want to see this recent THREAD for some things to try, in the meantime.

This ARTICLE will also give you tips on the types of info (and how to gather some of it), that would so very useful.

Good luck,

Hunt