3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2007 1:02 PM by kglad

Frame Count for dynamic SWFs?

cconcannon
      I have made several separate SWF movies using Captivate and I want to compile and create a continuous playback in flash. I tried using a loadMovie which, of course, loads the first movie fine. But how do I let Flash know when it's done playing to load the second one? I thought I'd get a frame count of the loaded SWF movie, but all I can figure out is to get a frame count of the current timeline, not the loaded SWF.
      Is there a way to automatically load one SWF after another in a continuous playback? I have no way of inserting any variables into the SWFs since they were made in Captivate and not Flash.
        • 1. Re: Frame Count for dynamic SWFs?
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          the host swf should be able to monitor the _currentframe of the loaded captive swf and compare that to the loaded swf's _totalframes.
          • 2. Re: Frame Count for dynamic SWFs?
            cconcannon Level 1
            "the host swf should be able to monitor the _currentframe of the loaded captive swf and compare that to the loaded swf's _totalframes. "

That's exactly what I want it to do! Unfortunately, the on-line Help section is pretty useless on explaining how. It only sites the _root as an example getting a _currentframe or _totalframe. I thought something like:
            if (myMovie_mc[loadedmovie.swf]._currentframe>=myMovie_mc[loadedmovie.swf]._totalframes) {
            loadMovie("newmovie.swf","myMovie_mc");
            }
            but I keep getting an undefined value for the frame count. Am I missing something?
            • 3. Re: Frame Count for dynamic SWFs?
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              your code should reference the target movieclip of _level of your loadMovie, loadMovieNum or loadClip method: