5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2010 12:02 PM by the_wine_snob

there is no audio imput shown

terence barnes

On my pre elements 8 with windows 7 the mic a C01U, new, which is the default mic is not showing in the preferences audio hardware inputs section

the other mics I have used with this program are also not showing up now either. no audio inputs shown.

• 1. Re: there is no audio imput shown
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

They're not showing up where? In Premiere Elements?

Have you gone to Edit/Preferences/Audio Hardware and ensured it is selected in the ASIO settings?

If you are doing narration, have you clicked on the microphone icon in the upper right of the Narration panel and ensured the microphone is properly set up there?

BTW, USB microphones rarely work with Premiere Elements.

• 2. Re: there is no audio imput shown
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Terence,

Also, is the mic showing properly in Windows? You can use Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager to check things out. Does Windows see it properly and as working correctly?

I second Steve's comment about USB mics. They rarely work in many Adobe programs, and one needs to then use either the software provided, or another program, like Audacity, to record. Then, just do a Save_As PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit, and Import that WAV file into PrE, where you would drag it to the Audio Track. Hint: some have experienced issues with the Narration Track, and for that reason, I would choose a regular empty Audio Track to test with, say Audio 2, or 3, if they are empty.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: there is no audio imput shown
              terence barnes Level 1

the mics all work in windows but none of them now work, not the usb or the head phone jack mic or the hand held jack mic.

• 4. Re: there is no audio imput shown
                terence barnes Level 1

no inputs show up in the asio settings

no matter which mic I use including the two older ones that work

ed of the jack plugs before. the narration track was

also working before.

• 5. Re: there is no audio imput shown
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

This sounds like something has changed, if the OS will not find either mic. This is the first thing that I would look into, and Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager should prove helpful, as might Control Panel>Sounds. Sounds like some necessary drivers, or settings have changed.

Even if the OS does find them, there is not guarantee that PrE will be able to use them.

Good luck,

Hunt