20 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2010 6:35 AM by AAFCAACFB

Error in reader 9.3.4

AAFCAACFB

Hi Everyone.

Please be advised that I am not looking for a work around (since we do not feel like telling our 8000 clients to change their manuals and what not)

It seems that in adobe reader 9.3.4, when creating a PDF with links to microsoft office extensions (doc xls etc...)  that are located on network or physical drives, creates an error message, which is cannot be replicated in prior versions of reader. (tested 9.3.0 - 9.3.1 - 9.3.2 - 9.3.3)

The error message is as follows.

windows cannot find Document.xls' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search.

PDF was created with adobe acrobat 9.X .

I will also mention that the document I created to test what I have seen on our clients machine is on a network drive accessible to all 8000 end users and that it was not a shared PDF that I created, i sent it off to individuals to test.

If anyone can confirm this issue or confirm that adobe knows and is working on it, it would be grand. Even better is their is a way to fix this without changing our way of doing things.

Merci!

Fred B

[signature deleted by host]