7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2010 7:10 AM by Günter Schenk

How do I upload an image into folder and display using MySQL?

reandre68

Hi,

I want to create a page where a user can upload an image and then i want to store the image details in MySQL and use PHP Dynamic Text to display the image. Is that even possible? I were so far unsuccessful in my quest to find help on google or any other place for that matter.

Basically what I want to do is create a page where Guest Houses/Lodges can register their information: Establishment Name, Image of Establishment, Location, Website, Price Range, etc. I want to enable them to upload an image of their establishment and make the upload location a folder and, as I mentioned before, store only the information that is required to fetch and display the image in the MySQL DB. Then when a client uses the search page, I want to display the results in a manner that will enable them to see the image next to the name.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE anyone who can help me I will more than greatly appreciate it. If anyone has a script they will let me use or at least a good tutorial or a link to worthy information please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Reandré

• 1. Re: How do I upload an image into folder and display using MySQL?
          Günter Schenk Level 4

There are lots of ready-made PHP scripts or tutorials out there (google "PHP file upload") which help you uploading files into a directory on your server, but I´ve never stumbled across scripts/tutorials which are somewhat "Dreamweaver specific" and tell you how to integrate this functionality with existing Insert/Update Record server behaviours and even record the file infos in a database.

At this point you may want to consider using a Dreamweaver extension such as PHP X Upload (by FelixOne) which appears to meet all the requirements you mention.

Cheers,

Günter

• 2. Re: How do I upload an image into folder and display using MySQL?
            reandre68 Level 1

Hi Günter,

Thank you very much for your reply. It helped me a lot. I purchased the extension you recommended, but please tell me, do you use the extension you recommended yourself? I have a question regarding the mentioned extension that I can not solve using the manual or find an answer in any forum.

Regards

• 3. Re: How do I upload an image into folder and display using MySQL?
              Günter Schenk Level 4

No, I don´t use this extension myself, and hence this wasn´t meant to be a recommendation -- it was actually the only extension I found which (based on the available description) seemed to match all your requirements, that´s why I pointed you to the developer´s website.

Now that you did purchase this extension, you´re certainly entitled to post a message on the developer´s forum or contact him personally

Cheers,

Günter

• 4. Re: How do I upload an image into folder and display using MySQL?
                km28

are there any versions that have similar functionality (even if not all) to felix1's that are free via the exchange? thanks!

• 5. Re: How do I upload an image into folder and display using MySQL?
                  Günter Schenk Level 4

km28 wrote:

are there any versions that have similar functionality (even if not all) to felix1's that are free via the exchange? thanks!

no clue, but extensions providing such a functionality can usually be found in the "App Servers" category, and when selecting the "Freeware" or "Open Source" options from the "License Type" dropdown menu you´ll get to see those which are, well, free ;-)

However, the Adobe Marketplace & Exchange isn´t the only place where you´ll find Dreamweaver extensions -- what you´ll see there are just the ones which are getting officially approved by Adobe, whereas not each & every extension developers needs his/her extension to be approved and rather decides to make it available from his/her own website. That said: if you don´t find the extension you´re looking for in the the Adobe Marketplace & Exchange, try googling terms like "dreamweaver extension php file upload" to find websites from extension producers who don´t care about having their stuff listed in the Exchange.

Cheers,

Günter

• 6. Re: How do I upload an image into folder and display using MySQL?
                    Level 1

hi,

sorry to jump on the thread but just wanted to know why you would use flex and not ADDT image upload? is there better advantages?

Also a question for you Gunter, is the ADDT and FX extensions using some of the same code?

thanks for the link to this site, i have never came across these extensions before.

many thanks

• 7. Re: How do I upload an image into folder and display using MySQL?
                      Günter Schenk Level 4

deansy55 wrote:

hi,

sorry to jump on the thread but just wanted to know why you would use flex and not ADDT image upload?

It´s not about ADDT this time, as the person who started this thread was assumingly looking for a generic PHP solution and doesn´t even know about ADDT.

Also a question for you Gunter, is the ADDT and FX extensions using some of the same code?

I´m the wrong person to ask, because I´ve never used the FelixOne extension. However I don´t think so, because it´s highly unlikely that developer A will be using the same classes/methods as developer B

Cheers,

Günter