1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 24, 2010 9:23 AM by ncjeans

Cannot use Read Out Loud function in MS Vista

Brother Rock

I have not be able to use the Read Out Loud function of Adobe Reader since I got Vista.  I have recently written a book and I want others to be able listen to the book in PDF format but they cannot.  A good friend of my sister is legally blind and wanted to know if I had an audio version for her so I asked her if she had Adobe Reader and she said she did.  So I then asked if she had MS Vista OS but she is not sure.  If she does she and other who have Vista and any version of Adobe Readerwill not be able to use the Read Out Loud function as far as I know.  Any ideas as what the issue can be?  I have had Vista tell me it was some kind of security violation and I tried to exempt it but Vista would not let me.  Here is the error output from today "Faulting application AcroRd32.exe, version 9.3.3.177, time stamp 0x4c1d77af, faulting module lhcom02W.dll, version 2.13.0.0, time stamp 0x3cfc8155, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00018818, process id 0xeac, application start time 0x01cb4798dc61d030."  I have 9.3.3.4 but previous version still did not work either.  I was hoping the latest update would have worked.  signed: Frustrated and Disappointed in Indiana