6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2010 5:26 PM by everythingelsewastakentoo

creating controls

everythingelsewastakentoo Level 1

Hi,

Are there any tutorials on creating a complete control bar / user interface using the chrome lib?  I read through this http://help.adobe.com/en_US/OSMF/1.0/Dev/WSc6f922f643dd2e6d-6937a7d01265bf23dd8-7ff4.html and I have looked over the OSMFPlayer source but I am having trouble figuring out how to use the chrome lib to create a fully featured control bar.

I have set up my player using a mediaFactory, mediaElement, mediaPlayer, and a mediaContainer and the play can play all sorts of media files.  Once I figure out how to get a nice control bar working I will be set.

Thanks

• 1. Re: creating controls
          rshin Level 3

Have you checked out on Control bar plugin and control bar plugin sample?

That may get you started.  If you haven't used plugin at all, there is a plugin guide doc here. (http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/download/attachments/34373765/osmf_plugin_dev_guide.pdf)

http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/osmf/trunk/apps/samples/plugins/ControlBarPlugi n/

http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/osmf/trunk/apps/samples/plugins/ControlBarPlugi nSample/

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Ryan

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: creating controls

No I haven't.  Thanks for pointing me towards them. =)

• 3. Re: creating controls

I am having trouble getting this to work:

WARNING: failure instantiating local asset: Error #1065: Variable ControlBarElement_BACKDROP is not defined.

WARNING: failed loading backdrop
              WARNING: failure instantiating local asset: Error #1065: Variable ControlBarElement_SCRUBBER_UP is not defined.
              WARNING: failed loading scrubberUp
              WARNING: failure instantiating local asset: Error #1065: Variable ControlBarElement_SCRUB_BAR_TRACK is not defined.
              WARNING: failed loading scrubBarTrack
              WARNING: failure instantiating local asset: Error #1065: Variable ControlBarElement_STOP_DOWN is not defined.
              WARNING: failed loading stopDown
              WARNING: failure instantiating local asset: Error #1065: Variable ControlBarElement_SCRUBBER_DISABLED is not defined.
              WARNING: failed loading scrubberDisabled
              WARNING: failure instantiating local asset: Error #1065: Variable ControlBarElement_SCRUBBER_DOWN is not defined.
              WARNING: failed loading scrubberDown
              WARNING: failure instantiating local asset: Error #1065: Variable ControlBarElement_PAUSE_UP is not defined.
              WARNING: failed loading pauseUp
              WARNING: failure instantiating local asset: Error #1065: Variable ControlBarElement_PAUSE_DISABLED is not defined.
              WARNING: failed loading pauseDisabled
              WARNING: failure instantiating local asset: Error #1065: Variable ControlBarElement_PAUSE_DOWN is not defined.
              WARNING: failed loading pauseDown
              WARNING: failure instantiating local asset: Error #1065: Variable ControlBarElement_PLAY_DISABLED is not defined.
              WARNING: failed loading playDisabled
              WARNING: failure instantiating local asset: Error #1065: Variable ControlBarElement_DEFAULT_FONT is not defined.
              WARNING: failed loading defaultFont
              WARNING: failure instantiating local asset: Error #1065: Variable ControlBarElement_PLAY_DOWN is not defined.
              WARNING: failed loading playDown
              WARNING: failure instantiating local asset: Error #1065: Variable ControlBarElement_STOP_UP is not defined.
              WARNING: failed loading stopUp
              WARNING: failure instantiating local asset: Error #1065: Variable ControlBarElement_PLAY_UP is not defined.
              WARNING: failed loading playUp
              WARNING: failure instantiating local asset: Error #1065: Variable ControlBarElement_STOP_DISABLED is not defined.
              WARNING: failed loading stopDisabled
              WARNING: failed setting up control bar: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

I am using Flash CS5 and it says that it breaks on this line: var layout:LayoutMetadata = controlBar.getMetadata(LayoutMetadata.LAYOUT_NAMESPACE) as LayoutMetadata; of the ControlBarPluginSample

I am trying to get this to work in my project structure also, but I cannot get it to work in a basic project either.

The compiler is finding and embedding the assets but the code is breaking when it tries to reference them.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

• 4. Re: creating controls
                rshin Level 3

Does simply running ControlBar plugin sample work without any modification on your settings in CS5?

I'd check the OSMF.swc version first. Make sure you are using OSMF.swc 1.0 or later version in your IDE.

Also how are you loading the plug-in? From you local or over the network?

Ryan

• 5. Re: creating controls

I thought I tried compiling the sample and failed, but I will give it another go.  I statically linked the plugin and was using the debugger from inside flash cs5.  I am compiling it from the osmf source.  I am using svn 1gm, not the trunk.  I was using the source because it helps me to read the code and understand what is going on behind the scenes.

• 6. Re: creating controls

I am embarrassed. Pretty sure it was a path issue.  I just got flash cs5 and I am not all that comfortable using the flash ide.  I just swapped over to try it out in Flash Builder and it worked for me.  I must have messed up project structure when I copied it over to the flash project.  Thanks for the help.