0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2006 3:20 AM by masterkrang

sound clip delay inside mc

masterkrang
      i created a movie clip that is designed to mimick a camera's shutter.... within the mc is a camerashutter.wav clip on one layer, and the animation of the shutter on another layer (both within the mc timeline)... i use a onRollOver script to trigger the mc... the script works fine, it just that when the mc plays, the sound isn't in sync with the mc's animation.. particularly, the .wav is playing too late... i've even tried moving he animation further down the timeline, but it doesn't seem to effect it at all... my instructor told me that i should create a seperate button to trigger the sound clip (by inserting the sound clip within the button's over state)... that makes sense, but what i want to know is, what's the BEST method? should i use AS to attach the sound and skip both buttons and mc's? why is it that when i put the sound clip and the animation within the same mc timeline, they won't sync? no matter how i arrange the timeline, the .wav plays after the animation is done....

if anybody could shed some light on this for me... or point me in the right direction, i would really appreciate it, as i seem to be going over my instructors head whenever i ask about scripting....