3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2010 5:16 PM by JJMack

Contact sheet with defined size

cakunder

I have 100 images with different defined sizes. I tried contact sheet in photoshop. but I did not get the defined size of the file(image). Is it possible to club together into one defined document size without resizeing the defined file size?

• 1. Re: Contact sheet with defined size
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

cakunder wrote:

I have 100 images with different defined sizes.

Could you explain what you mean by "defined sizes".  Do these images have mixture of DPI print resolutions, Different Aspect Ratio, Different pixel count. What is a defined size. A search in Photoshop Help using "defined size" resulted in one hit having to do with custom shapes creation size.

• 2. Re: Contact sheet with defined size
            cakunder Level 1

Just wanted to know how to fill the 10 images in A4 sheet automatically.

• 3. Re: Contact sheet with defined size
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

cakunder wrote:

Just wanted to know how to fill the 10 images in A4 sheet automatically.

You could use a low cost print program like Qimage.  You could also creare a simple Collage template psd file that would consist of a White Background  layer A4 size at the resolution you want and and also have 10 Alpha Channels that mark the locations of the ten image on the a4 sheet with alpha channels names "Image 1" through "Image 10".  Then use the Batch Collage populating script from my Photo Collage Toolkit to create the A4 sheets you need. The Script requires that the Image have have to have the same DPI resolution as the template PSD their Pixel Size can vary all over the place. You can easily change all image DPI resolution without changing a single pixel by creating a single step action "Image Size Resample NOT Checked set Print resolution to xxx DPI"  and batch that action  on your files. You may also want to include my rotate portrait script in that batch action so all portrait images will be rotated landscape layout.  The Batch Collage populating script will size the images to fill the alpha channel location and align the image to produce what is commonly call a center crop your image files are not altered. Documentation and examples  http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/PhotoCollageExamples.html  

My Photoshop packages can be downloaded from http://www.mouseprints.net/Photoshop.html the rotate portrait script can be found in my Crafting Actions Package.