3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2010 11:50 AM by the_wine_snob

Why is my garbage matte animating on my title sequence ?

David Zeno Level 1

Hi everyone,

interesting question here I hope....

I have a picture frame graphic and have made a scrolling title, just simple text going along the bottom of the picture frame graphic saying "Happy Birthday"

I want the text to stay visible only in a specific area, so I threw a simple 4 corner garbage matte onto the titler layer.  This will hide the scrolling graphic the way I want and make it look like the text starts scrolling ( and start appearing ) at a specific point and also disappears at a specific point.

Simple enough, I got the garbage matte points positioned correctly, but to my surprise, the garbage matte moves with the scrolling text ! .... I don't want this to happen but it does.

I even tried locking the garbage matte's keyframes at the end of the sequence by copying them from the first frame ( I copied all 4 points ) and pasted them to the last frame I wanted, but this didn't stop the matte from moving... very strange.  I just can't grasp what is going on.

I have a feeling I'm using the wrong technique, the wrong tool for this job.... or something just is escaping me.

Thanks as always for your help, I do appreciate it.

Dave.