1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 31, 2010 9:35 AM by ~graffiti

Cant save my filled out PDF

Cris is Bliss Level 1

The top of the pdf says it can be Saved As.  However when I go to save the PDF I get a message that says only a blank version will be saved.

I call the company that I got the PDF from and they were able to save on their computer, but it won't save on mine.

I was reading some other posts and someone mentioned to not have Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat installed at the same time.  I think I got Adobe Acobat as part of the Adobe CS4 suite and I don't even know what it is used for, so should I uninstall it from my computer?

Also when I open the PDF it opens in Safari,

Acrobat_com  application  Version 2.3.0.0

Adobe Reader application Version 9.3.4

Mac OS 10.5.8

Safari 4.0.3

Thak you in advance

• 1. Re: Cant save my filled out PDF
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Cris is Bliss wrote:

The top of the pdf says it can be Saved As.  However when I go to save the PDF I get a message that says only a blank version will be saved.

I call the company that I got the PDF from and they were able to save on their computer, but it won't save on mine.

In order for you to save it using Reader, the company would have to specially enable it for that purpose. Otherwise, as you've found, you can only fill it out and print it.

I was reading some other posts and someone mentioned to not have Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat installed at the same time.  I think I got Adobe Acobat as part of the Adobe CS4 suite and I don't even know what it is used for, so should I uninstall it from my computer?

Also when I open the PDF it opens in Safari,

Acrobat_com  application  Version 2.3.0.0

Adobe Reader application Version 9.3.4

Mac OS 10.5.8

Safari 4.0.3

Thak you in advance

That is correct if you are on a Windows system. You should have one or the other but not both. In your list of applications, I don't see Acrobat though. Acrobat_com is not Acrobat.

If you DO have Acrobat, you can open the file in Acrobat (save as to your hard drive before you fill it out), fill in the form and save it from there. Just not with Reader.