5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2010 11:44 AM by timothy72

Narration problem in PE 7

timothy72

I had to re install premier elements 7 and now I cannot get the narration to work.  The microphone is working as are the speakers and the soundtrack is fine.  However, now when I click on the narration the box comes up and the lines go up and down while I am recording, but then nothing comes in the narration track.  Any idea what to do.   It was working fine before the hard drive crashed and I had to re install.

• 1. Re: Narration problem in PE 7
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I would anticipate that it is just a setting that was changed, and now you have the default.

This ARTICLE points to some places to check for Audio.

Can you post a screen-cap of your Audio Hardware Preferences/Setting, and also your ASIO settings?

I'd also post a screen-cap of the Windows Sound dialog box.

Where are your Captures set in Preferences?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Narration problem in PE 7
            timothy72 Level 1

Thank you for your reply.  Unfortunately, although I love making videos I am not very computer literate.  So it is hard for me to understand very much.  I did check audio hardware and the default device says Premier Elements Windows sound.  The only check in preferences is "report drop frames"  The ASIO says Reltec high definition audio.  I did read the link you gave me, but unfortunately it is a little too advance for me.  Thank  you for trying to help me though.

• 3. Re: Narration problem in PE 7
              the_wine_snob Level 9

For a few tips on doing screen-caps, that will likely reveal the settings, this ARTICLE should be helpful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Narration problem in PE 7
                nealeh Level 5

For undetermined reasons the Narration track occasionally stops working. Try putting your narration on Audio 2 (or higher if you are already using Audio 2).

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 5. Re: Narration problem in PE 7
                  timothy72 Level 1

Thank you.  I cannot get anything to work in the narration.  However, I have discovered that I can say something

by using the sound recorder and saving it.  Not as convenient as the narration, but at least it works, and I will be able to finish my movie.  Then I will re install the program and hopefully get it to work.  Thanks again.