3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2010 4:54 AM by ggourde

Canon Powershot 95

ggourde Level 1

After working with Canon Kiss X2's RAW format, I didn't even think about an incompatiblity between CS4's software and the new powershot 95 I just purchased.  Does anyone know if and/or when an update will be made so I can view the CR2 files on Bridge CS4? Or point me where to look and or ask (I've been tooling around the support page for a while without finding anything useful, or a place to email adobe directly)?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Canon Powershot 95
          Level 4

ggourde wrote:

… the new powershot 95 I just purchased.  Does anyone know if and/or when an update will be made so I can view the CR2 files on Bridge CS4?

You will never be able to open the raw files from that camera model directly in CS4.  

That camera is not supported at all by Adobe software yet, and there will be no further updates to CS4.  If and when the camera is supported by a future release of Camera Raw, you will have a choice of either upgrading to CS5 (one would assume that the PowerShot S95 will be supported sometime before CS6 is released), or using a parallel, future version of the free Adobe DNG Converter to convert your raw files to DNG files you can open in CS4.

Camera Raw and the DNG Converter are updated in an orderly fashion three to four times per year.  The latest version was released this week, so the next one will be it in three to four months from now.  Hope your camera will be supported then.

• 2. Re: Canon Powershot 95
            Level 4

Please note that I edited my last post to add: there will be no further updates to CS4.

• 3. Re: Canon Powershot 95
              ggourde Level 1

Uff, That is some expensive bad news.  Thank you for clarifying that for me.