2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2007 2:35 PM by Ben M

studio8 and vista ultimate64

ferlach
      I just bought a new laptop, but it came with vista ultimate 64-bit OS. I do not have any money for cs3 this year and would like to install cs2 and studio8.
      Is this ok or a BAD idea?
      Has anyone tried it and what happend?
        • 1. Re: studio8 and vista ultimate64
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional
          While I can't speak to the whole suite since I only update Photoshop on Windows and that is CS2, I can say that there are no problems running it on the 64-bit edition of Windows. You will want to run the installer as an administrator (right click and run as administrator).

Also be sure to get some updates from the web because there was an update recently done for Photoshop CS2 that was not put through the CS updates system for CS2, but it was for CS3. I don't know if this is updated, but I remember I had to do that last one manually. It could be changed now, but if it is not this is the file I am referring to:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3335
          • 2. Re: studio8 and vista ultimate64
            Ben M Adobe Community Professional
            Oh and just to clarify what I said about administrator. You only need to run the installer as an admin. I have not had to run the application that way. It seems to run fine on the normal mode.