Since you mentioned that you upgraded from Adobe Captivate 4, I assume you are facing issues on windows.
1. Do you see the screenshots piled up under 'Backgrounds' section in library?
2. Go to the properties inspector of the slide. In the portion highlighted below, what do you see in your case?
3. Did you try recording on some other application such as MS Word or notepad?
4. Are you getting this issue on any different machine (on same application)?
I'm having the same problem
The FMR's appear as white screens, I have tried recording on MS Internet Explorer, MS Word & Acrobat Reader with same results, only when clicking
Answering to M_Anand
1. The screenshots that appear are only the ones where the screen was still
2. The background portion is blank
3. MSIE, Word, Acrobat Reader
4. I'm trying Captivate 5 on a laptop with Windows XP with SP3, I do have another computer with Captivate 4 running on Windows Vista, this one is working fine, I can run the published projects on the laptop with XP, but if I try to open the .cp file Captivate 5 crashes.
Please try these steps:
1. Launch Captivate and press on 'Software Simulation' on the welcome screen.
2. Recording dialog comes up -> press 'Settings' button -> Preferences dialog comes up.
3. Goto Recording -> FMR.
4. Here in the working folder, set something such as : C:\TempFolder. Press the OK button.
Now go ahead with your recording workflow. Let us know whether this resolves your issue.
Sorry, but I did not get this part:
"I'm trying Captivate 5 on a laptop with Windows XP with SP3, I do have another computer with Captivate 4 running on Windows Vista, this one is working fine, I can run the published projects on the laptop with XP, but if I try to open the .cp file Captivate 5 crashes." Does this mean that Cp5 crashes when you attempt to open a Cp4 file in it?
I actually found out that the IT person that originally installed the software had the preferences pointing to a directory that only a person with Admin rights for our network would be able to access. As soon as I found the preferences I redirected both directories to my local machine and now the images come up perfectly. This may also be a solution if the FMRs are coming up blank check that the FMR directory is pointed to somewhere where you can access. Odd network error but I'm glad its resolved!