2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2007 4:20 AM by Photobox_Employee

Runtime Localization

Photobox_Employee
      I am trying to follow the tutorial on adobe labs here::
      http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flex_3:Feature_Introductions:_Runtime_Localization

I want to try and use the mxmlc compiler to re-compile the FlightReservations2.properties files however i keep getting some strange messages like the following
      ---------------------------------------------
      Loading configuration file c:\Program Files\ Flex Builder 2\ Flex SDK 2\frameworks\flex-config.xml

Error : unable to open 'include-resource-bundles=FlightReservation2'
      ----------------------------------------------
      I am running Flex 3 and i have added the moxie\bin directory to my project but it still doesnt work

the code is exactly the same as in the downloaded file for the .bat

@echo off

mxmlc -locale=en_US -source-path=locale/en_US -allow-source-path-overlap=true include-resource-bundles=FlightReservation2 -output=Resources_en_US.swf
      mxmlc -locale=ja_JP -source-path=locale/{locale} -allow-source-path-overlap=true -include-resource-bundles FlightReservation2,SharedResources,collections,containers,controls,core,effects,formatter s,skins,styles -output=Resources_ja_JP.swf

Any help would be much appreciated as i think that this feature could be very usefull for some of my application

Thanks in advance
      Omni
        • 1. Re: Runtime Localization
          klouise80
          Hi,

In your first mxmlc call, it seems there's a missing '-' for include-resource-bundles.
          Try:
          mxmlc -locale=en_US -source-path=locale/en_US -allow-source-path-overlap=true -include-resource-bundles=FlightReservation2 -output=Resources_en_US.swf

In the 2nd mxmlc call, there's a missing '=' for the include-resource-bundles argument.
          Try:
          mxmlc -locale=ja_JP -source-path=locale/{locale} -allow-source-path-overlap=true -include-resource-bundles=FlightReservation2,SharedResources,collections,containers,contr ols,core,effects,formatters,skins,styles -output=Resources_ja_JP.swf

hope this helps.
          • 2. Re: Runtime Localization
            Photobox_Employee Level 1
            Hi Klouise80,
            Thanks for the reply but those arent the answer i removed the - from the first call as the compiler says that -include-resource-bundles isnt a valid argument unless i remove the preceeding -.
            Have you tried to compile these resource bundles before? if so did it work? I have had to resort to embedding the .properties files into the application and i would much rather do it at runtime if only i could compile some .swf files from the .properties files..
            Any help on this matter is much appreciated
            Thanks again
            Omni