4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2010 2:30 AM by WilfredAP

5.0.2 reconforms all clips..why?

ruzun Level 1

I notice when I load a 5.0.1 project in 5.0.2 it reconforms EVERY clip in that project.  This makes editing old projects MISERABLE for me since I have to re-do the Mercalli Plug in for any clip that was reconformed.

Is there any rational reason 5.0.2 is doing this?   Any way I can get it to stop reconforming all my clips?  They are basically all AVCHD 1080/60i clips or HDV 1080/60i clips from consumer camcorders.

• 1. Re: 5.0.2 reconforms all clips..why?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Not sure why Mercalli would need to redone. Conforming is for Audio.

I am not sure what you are describing. Can you provide a bit more detail?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: 5.0.2 reconforms all clips..why?
            ruzun Level 1

Loading any 5.0.1 project into 5.0.2 I get "conforming xxx" messages for each clip in the project.  Additionally each clip that had mercalli applied to it needs attention.  I must go into the effects tab, and have mercalli re-render each clip (mercalli renders/calculates when you first apply it using the settings you've chosen for that clip).  It's as if it has "forgotten" the mercalli rendering from the previous project, I assumed it had to do with it conforming each file again but perhaps they are unrelated.

My projects consist of consumer camcorder 1920x1080 AVCHD 60i clips, in MTS format.

• 3. Re: 5.0.2 reconforms all clips..why?
              AkilW

I was unable to reproduce this problem after performing the update from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2.  Did you check to see if the related .cfa files have been replaced?

Let me know.

Thanks.

-AW

• 4. Re: 5.0.2 reconforms all clips..why?
                WilfredAP Level 1

Same thing here. Before the 5.0.2 update when I open a project I got the project loading window and when that was done, the project was loaded. Now, after the 5.0.2 update, after the project loading window, each clip must be loaded and some conformed. I've a link to a screenshot: http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/474/loadingcs502.jpg

I've removed all names from the screenshot. Nothing wrong with that.

It tooks now 5-10 minutes to opens a project and all loading/conforming is done.