3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2010 7:37 PM by Ned Murphy

Error 1120 in Flash CS3...Access of Undefined Property.

I am new at Flash, but am getting the hang of it pretty quickly.

So far I've got a nice animation of an intro going, which is made up of  90 frames.

At the 90th frame I put a (stop) action...test it and it stops as it's supposed to.

I add another layer for other actions and, following code almost verbatum from a website, I declare 3 buttons, and give them functions.

Code shown below:

arch_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, archPageClick);
      studio_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, studioPageClick);
      personal_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, personalPageClick);

function archPageClick(e:MouseEvent):void

function studioPageClick(event:MouseEvent):void

function personalPageClick(event:MouseEvent):void

I have checked other sites for the error (1120). From what I get from them, is that my buttons are not named correctly or the Instance names do no correlate to the buttons in the actions...Well this is not correct. I have double and triple checked the instance names and they are correct. They are exactly as listed above. Here is a screen shot of my Architecture button...

Picture 1.png

As you can see the instance name of the Architecture button is "arch_btn". Same as in the action code. I don't understand why I'm getting this error!! I get it for all 3 of the buttons btw.

***ALSO...after I add this layer of actions for my buttons, the stop action on the other layer stops working. The movie play right through frame 90 now...After I delete the layer with the button actions, the stop action layer works again...Weird???

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Message was edited by: mmellonphotography