2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2010 7:47 AM by the_wine_snob

Cannot capture video-driver error

jjensen13

I am trying to import a video from a Sony Handycam 8mm tape camera using a Dazzle DVC80.  I have set it up for Media Capture in Webcam or WDM Device mode. The video is visible and audible in the preview window. However, when I tried to record the video, I get a driver error. I have the latest driver for the Dazzle and for my Adobe Premiere Elements solution. At first I tried with no device control, and then I tried USB Video Device 1.0 getting the same error. What can I do to solve this problem? Thanks for any help you can provide!

• 1. Re: Cannot capture video-driver error
          nealeh Level 5

PRE does not capture from USB devices. You would be better capturing it with the bundled software 'Pinnacle Studio Quickstart'. Then export it in a PRE friendly format (ideally DV-AVI Type 2).

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Cannot capture video-driver error
            the_wine_snob Level 9

There is at least one FireWire version of the Dazzle. Do you have that one?

As Neale says, PrE cannot Capture via USB - it must have FW.

I would do the Capture with the included software. If it's Pinnacle Studio, you should be able to do that to DV-AVI Type II w/ 48KHz 16-bit PCM/WAV Audio. If you have some other Pinnacle software, there might be Capture limitations.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - going back some years, even Pinnacle users could not get the Dazzle to work. I wish you luck, and if you need to look elsewhere, this ARTICLE will give you some tips.