3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2010 10:07 AM by Dave LaRonde

video inside of text with white stroke?

hi-adobe

putting a movie inside of text is easy enough...but I'm having difficulty coming up with a way to add a white stroke around the text as well.

i'd be grateful for any help on this. thank you.

• 1. Re: video inside of text with white stroke?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Duplicate the text layer, remove the fill, add a stroke (or the stroke layer style).

Mylenium

• 2. Re: video inside of text with white stroke?
            hi-adobe Level 1

i was hoping there was a way to do it without a redundant layer, but I guess I"ll create a b/w layer to mask out the video and then a stroke layer to put over it.  Thank you again!

AE is pretty fun!

• 3. Re: video inside of text with white stroke?
              Dave LaRonde Level 6

I guess I"ll create a b/w layer to mask out the video and then a stroke layer to put over it.

Oh, you don't need to do that!

You already have the video inside the text, right?  You did that by using the text layer as a track matte for the video, right? Mylenium is simply saying this:  Duplicate the text layer, and move it above the other two layers.  Turn on the eyeball to make the just-moved text layer vidisble.  Double-click on this upper text layer to highlight it.  In the Character settings panel, change the fill color to None (red slash).  Pick a color for the stroke.  Pick a width for the stroke.

You're done!  Pretty easy, if you ask me.

For an extra coolness factor, pick one of these layers to animate: a Transform property like position, scale, what have you.  Before you start animating, parent the other two layers to this one.  When you animate the one layer, the other two layers will stick to it like glue and do exactly the same thing as the layer you animated.