3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2010 6:18 AM by John-The-One

help with adobe reader 9

erkr

hello

when i open p.d.f files, after a second i get a message "invalid plugin detected " and the file closes.

can someone  help me understand the possible reasons for that

thanks

erkr

• 1. Re: help with adobe reader 9
          atosbur Level 1

This may have caused due to 3rd party plugins (unsupported/expired evaluation period plugins) installed under Reader plugins folder, C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\plug_ins. Either you could remove that plugin or, you could Repair your version of Reader from Control Panel->Add Remove Program. Possibly your issue would get resolved.

There's a similar thread on this issue at the Adobe Forum, http://forums.adobe.com/thread/301748 People have experienced this issue and many have resolved it. You can refer their resolution steps.

• 2. Re: help with adobe reader 9
            erkr Level 1

thank you so much

the correct unswer that worked for me  :

The solution from 'bulgariangirl' didn't work for me either, so I try the one from  'P-Jansen' and worked. Goto C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader and rename the [plug_ins] folder to [plugins deleted] (Maybe any name will do it, but I prefered to go with the sugested one.) Restart Adobe Reader and walla! Error is gone!

At least from the user point of view this quick fix works, however, for developers the root of the problem is not solved yet.

• 3. Re: help with adobe reader 9
              John-The-One

Hi all, it really works if you do what erkr suggested on 3rd September!

in SEARCH type in Adobe Plug_ins

Rename is Plugins deleted as suggested and restart Adobe and the problem is fixed!

John Juan