• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Can I Make a Link Invisible If the Target Is Not There?

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2007 Jul 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create a link inside an HTML help topic that links to a topic in an external chm - but is not visible when the external chm is not there. Can someone point me to some directions for creating a link that is visible when the external chm exists but is not visible when the external chm is not there?

Thanks,
Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2007 Jul 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah

What version of RoboHelp are you using? I ask because there may be a fairly easy way to accomplish this. It just depends on your version. If it's X5, it will be easier than if it's version 6.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 30, 2007 Jul 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sarah and Rick,

I'm eager to hear what Rick has to say about an easy way to do this. It is pretty easy to implement a script to do what you want but lately security will give your user a warning that a script is involved in potentially dangerous activity (attempting to look at your directory). I haven't figured out a way around this.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp