2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2010 6:32 AM by iforget1985

Asking to remove administration settings?

iforget1985

I am setting up a Contribute for trial for a couple of people in the web department.  I have finally through much frustration been able to establish a connection where the test site is being hosted.  I am now being asked before I can fully set up the site about removing the administration settings on the test web site.  My questions are this, will it wipe out the IIS config running on the web server?  Or is this just for Contribute alone?  Many people use the test web site to "approve" updates and such before it goes live.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have looked through documentation and found it to be very sparse on this subject.  Thanks.

Jeremiah.

• 1. Re: Asking to remove administration settings?
          Krishna Prasad B V Level 3

Hi Jeremiah,

The remove administration is applicable only for Contribute. It will not affect any of the IIS configuration. Removing administration would remove the role settings defined for the users of the website, and you would have to redo the settings again.

"Many people use the test web site to "approve" updates and such before it goes live." - Are you using Contribute for the Approval process? If so, make sure that all the web pages have been approved before removing administration for the website.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

• 2. Re: Asking to remove administration settings?
            iforget1985 Level 1

Thanks for the quick response!  What is happening is that we have a test webserver and storage for rtesting purposes of our main site here.  The web team is testing out Contribute as supposed to manual coding websites and such.  Changes are made to the test before they go live.  Thanks again!

Jeremiah.