Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"loading workbench" and "refreshing workspace" takes a long time

Sep 03, 2010 Sep 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Builder

Windows 7 Home Premium

I have a rather large project underway and I am using lots of swc components, exported from Flash CS5.  I do this by converting my Flash library symbols to Flex Components (via the command menu) and then exporting them into my flex project libs folder as individual swc files.

Over time, I have noticed that flex is getting slower and slower to load - seemingly taking an age to load the workbench.  Is the length of the load linked to the swc items in my lib folder?  Whenever I add swc files to my lib, Flex freezes while it is "refreshing workspace" for a LONG time.  It got to the point where I was closing Flash Builder, creating the swc files and then restarting flash builder to carry on working.

The last time I added a set of four new swc files to my libs folder, it took 20 minutes to get FB back up and going again.  Other times I give up and have to remove the new swc files so I can get on with working as I'm often under time pressure.

So... my main questions are...

Am I not supposed to be creating my visual elements this way and therefore am I killing the Flash Builder sessions?

Is there a better way to get my flash symbols into flex?

Or is there something wrong with my Flex installation?

Any info would be very gratefully received.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2010 Sep 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

uh... man... this tool is insane... every time I update my swc file in my libs folder it takes 20 mins to reopen Flash Builder.  1 min alteration to a symbol in Flash CS5 and 20 mins to refresh Flash Builder?

What process is this "refreshing workspace" ?

How do I stop this happening?

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines