10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2010 12:55 PM by yasaph7 Branched from an earlier discussion.

BCC7 problems with 5.02 update

yasaph7

i have nod 32 antivirus and i dont have that hanging problem but i do have the hanging problem when i use BCC7 in some of the clips. the premiere cs5 hangs, but with the premiere CS4 which i have updated to 4.2 has no problems at all with none of the BCC6 which  i use and all the plugs in and presets that i used from third party manufacturer, i think adobe needs to fixed this cause is causing me a deception all this CS5  problems

• 1. BCC7 problems with 5.02 update
          Wil Renczes Adobe Employee

yasaph7 wrote:

i have nod 32 antivirus and i dont have that hanging problem but i do have the hanging problem when i use BCC7 in some of the clips. the premiere cs5 hangs, but with the premiere CS4 which i have updated to 4.2 has no problems at all with none of the BCC6 which  i use and all the plugs in and presets that i used from third party manufacturer, i think adobe needs to fixed this cause is causing me a deception all this CS5  problems

If a third party program is crashing/hanging, you need to talk to the 3rd party (in this case Boris).  If they think the problem lies in the Adobe SDK, they'll communicate the problem to Adobe as appropriate.  Personally I suspect the problem lies in BCC7, as they had to port it to a 64 bit environment (remember that CS4 was still 32 bit).

• 2. BCC7 problems with 5.02 update
            yasaph7 Level 1

BCC7 IS A 64BIT, IT WAS MADE ONLY FOR CS5 IT HAS NO COMPATIBILITY TO THE CS4 READ CAREFULLY I KNOW IS ADOBE CAUSE THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN WITH BCC6 IN ADOBE CS4 READ CAREFULLY EDUCATE UR SELF A BIT MORE PLEASE CAUSE BORIS WORKS FINE WITH CS4 AFTER I UPDATED TO 4.2 IN PREMIERE PRO THANKS

• 3. BCC7 problems with 5.02 update

I know that BCC7 is 64 bit, otherwise it wouldn't load in CS5.  Read my post again.  My point is that you're assuming it's an Adobe bug because BCC6 worked in CS4. That's not a valid assumption.  It could easily be a new crash in the BCC7 version.  If it was an Adobe bug, you'd probably see a lot of other 3rd party plugins failing, and that's not the case.

• 4. BCC7 problems with 5.02 update

PS, it's poor form to post all in caps and to hijack other people's threads.  You should probably start a new thread if you want to continue discussing your problems with BCC7.

• 5. BCC7 problems with 5.02 update
                  yasaph7 Level 1

ok and even when u try to save the proyects sometimes it hangs too so that means that something is happening in cs5 and that use to happens when cs4 was launch too in the market, so i think we should have more info on adobe to learn more from the past in it okys thanks

• 6. BCC7 problems with 5.02 update
                    SiliconPixel Level 1

It's very rude to type in all caps - it's considered shouting.

Please start your own thread on your issues rather than hijacking this one.

• 7. BCC7 problems with 5.02 update
                      SiliconPixel Level 1

Hey Wil, how's it going?

Glad to see all the great fixes in 5.0.2 - lots of improvements - thanks to all the hard working Adobe people

Do you know if there were any code changes in 5.0.2 specifically targeting the app switching issue - the AV situation could be rather clouding the issue.

Cheers,

Paul.

• 8. Re: BCC7 problems with 5.02 update
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

If you feel that you have found a Bug, this ARTICLE will give you some pointers.

However, as Wil points out, the issue is likely with Boris. I would definitely contact them first, to see what they might be working on.

Also, as others might well be having the same issues, posting the full details in a new thread might get you some useful info. Others are likely to never think of this thread, regarding Boris 64-bit plug-in problems, unless they do a complete search. Starting a new thread, with a good title, will likely help them, and they may in turn, help you. This ARTICLE will give you some tips on what constitutes a good post.

Good luck, and hope that you can get Boris working for you,

Hunt

[Edit] I see that our over-worked and trusted MOD's have branched this discussion FROM the original thread. They have also provided a good title to it. Just wanted to say thanks, and to clear up any confusion, that one, who arrives later, might have.

Message was edited by: Bill Hunt - Added [Edit]

• 9. Re: BCC7 problems with 5.02 update

SiliconPixel wrote:

Hey Wil, how's it going?

Glad to see all the great fixes in 5.0.2 - lots of improvements - thanks to all the hard working Adobe people

Do you know if there were any code changes in 5.0.2 specifically targeting the app switching issue - the AV situation could be rather clouding the issue.

Cheers,

Paul.

Hi Paul,

There's one fix that was specifically targeted at P2 media that improves things - if you're using media that's spanned (ie, you did a continuous shoot over two 32 gig cards, so your one clip is chunked into x 4 gig chunks), the performance was pokey when switching out & back.  This is apparently an order of magnitude faster now.

Cheers

• 10. Re: BCC7 problems with 5.02 update
                            yasaph7 Level 1

boris work very fine is just at some point the cs5 premiere hangs, and am not saying that the update didn't make any improvement yes it did but it's still has some problems with the hanging issue CS4 its out of problems with the 4.2 update thanks