5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2007 12:41 PM by earthenvessel67

Issues with IE

earthenvessel67
      I just went live with my site: ppea-homeschool.com a day or so ago. The major issue we are having is that when IE displays my pages there are lines broken or missing in the text. This broken text shows up where the line break was before scrolling down. Hitting the refresh button helps with this, however, most of our members/visitors are not going to think to do that. Everything looks fine in Firefox so I know that it is not a problem with my code. I am not certain if it is a browser incompatibility issue but thought it was worth looking into. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you overcome it?
        • 1. Re: Issues with IE
          Level 7
          For me in IE6 and 7 your site looks fine. No issues like you are
          describing.

--

E. Michael Brandt

www.divaHTML.com
          divaGPS | divaFAQ

www.valleywebdesigns.com
          JustSo PictureWindow

--

earthenvessel67 wrote:
          > I just went live with my site: http://ppea-homeschool.com a day or so ago. The
          > major issue we are having is that when IE displays my pages there are lines
          > broken or missing in the text. This broken text shows up where the line break
          > was before scrolling down. Hitting the refresh button helps with this, however,
          > most of our members/visitors are not going to think to do that. Everything
          > looks fine in Firefox so I know that it is not a problem with my code. I am not
          > certain if it is a browser incompatibility issue but thought it was worth
          > looking into. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you overcome it?
          >
          • 2. Re: Issues with IE
            Ben M Adobe Community Professional
            What version of IE are you using to test this with? I am using version 7 and I do not seem to have this problem. The page appears to be identical in IE and Firefox.
            • 3. Re: Issues with IE
              Level 7
              earthenvessel67 wrote:
              > I just went live with my site: http://ppea-homeschool.com a day or so ago. The
              > major issue we are having is that when IE displays my pages there are lines
              > broken or missing in the text. This broken text shows up where the line break
              > was before scrolling down. Hitting the refresh button helps with this, however,
              > most of our members/visitors are not going to think to do that. Everything
              > looks fine in Firefox so I know that it is not a problem with my code. I am not
              > certain if it is a browser incompatibility issue but thought it was worth
              > looking into. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you overcome it?
              >

I looked at your about page - try applying position relative to your
              style3 class like so.....

.style3 {
              font-family: "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,sans-serif;
              font-size: 14px;
              line-height: 16px;
              position: relative;
              }

HTH

--
              chin chin
              Sinclair
              • 4. Re: Issues with IE
                earthenvessel67 Level 1
                I am also using IE 7. The other issue that we are having is that the starfish next to my links disappears when I click on a link. My husband told me that he saw some errors in my CSS code so that could be the problem. I am not surprised about the errors since this is my first website.
                • 5. Re: Issues with IE
                  earthenvessel67 Level 1
                  I will try that. Thanks!