3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2010 4:49 AM by Mylenium

Marker Keys Expression, how about the last key

Octobit1970 Level 1

Hi, if you have dabbled in expressions you probably have already found how nifty the expression

thisLayer.marker.nearestKey(time);   is. I first used it to put XMP metadata on the screen.

I also tend to use it for changing text instead of the source property since it's easy to see the text,
      where it's at and so forth.

I've read the manual, but haven't found anything like:

thisLayer.marker.lastKey(time);

What I would like is for whatever property I am using from the last keyframe to remain the value until it reaches

the next keyframe.

Anyone know how that might be done?

• 1. Re: Marker Keys Expression, how about the last key
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          thisLayer.marker.key(thisLayer.marker.numKeys).time

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Marker Keys Expression, how about the last key
            Octobit1970 Level 1

Mylenium, You and your site have been more than helpful to me. It's people like you that make any community worth it's while.

Adobe should put a larger than life statue of you in the center of San Jose, or at least give you like free vacations to hawaii or something :-)

If you are ever in my neck of the woods I'm buying

I have a project I am supposed to turn over to other studios so they can use it as a template. Rather than have them dig around through layers to change titles and stuff, I am putting all the keyframes into a configuration composition and having all the other layers take their cues from it.  Never tried to do anything like that before but it's actually looking like a nice solution and an easy way to set up timing and text through all the compositions just by opening one and editing. I think the extra work and the extra expressions will pay off as the project gets used over and over.

Again Thanks, can't wait to get into the studio monday and try this out.

• 3. Re: Marker Keys Expression, how about the last key
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Adobe should put a larger than life statue of you in the center of San Jose, or at least give you like free vacations to hawaii or something :-)

ATM, I'd settle for a few Euros to buy one of those fancy dual Xeon Mac Pros or anotehr such workstation...

Mylenium