2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2010 10:55 AM by Angela.318

Cannot Open A PDF From Web

Glock26fan

I have Windows XP and everytime I try to open a PDF I get a new window pop up stating this tab has been recovered and causes a Windows Error...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe several times with no luck in repairing the issue. Any suggestions?  

• 1. Re: Cannot Open A PDF From Web
          MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Uninstall Reader, try to find and use the Microsoft Installer Cleanup Tool to remove anything left over in the Registry, then re-install Reader.

• 2. Re: Cannot Open A PDF From Web
            Angela.318

I was having the exact same problems (I'm using Windows XP SP3 and IE 8) and tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions from Adobe.  I also tried the suggestion from Michael, but couldn't find the Cleanup Tool.  Anyway, I ended up uninstalling Adobe Reader 9.3.4 (which is what started all the problems) via Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.  Since I didn't really know anything about the Cleanup Tool or where to find it, I went to http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/ and downloaded Reader 8.2.0.  Problem solved!  I haven't seen this yet, but if I ever get another message prompting me to upgrade to the latest version I will decline.  Hope this helps!