6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2010 6:35 PM by the_wine_snob

Can anyone help with intermitent blurring on videos.

wvpcr

My video is done.  Many parts are good and many are now intermitingly blurry.  Can anyone help? 

Am using a good camera.  Have done one video before and it turned out good.  The video from the camera is not blurry at all.  Just now.  I need help.

Using Pre. Elements 8.

• 1. Re: Can anyone help with intermitent blurring on videos.
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Can you give us the full details of your camera, make/model and the specs. on the files that it produces?

Next, let us know the Project Preset that you used with New Project.

What Effects, if any, do you have applied to your Clips?

Do you observe any blurriness, when you play the Timeline, and view with the Program Monitor?

Is there anything special about those Clips, that appear blurry?

If you can see the blurriness in PrE, can you post a screen-cap of that? It might also be useful to also post a similar Clip, without the blurriness.

Last, are you observing this blurriness, when the burned DVD is played in a set-top player hooked to a TV?

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Can anyone help with intermitent blurring on videos.
            wvpcr Level 1

It is a new Sony with an 80 G hard drive.  Don't know the Model number - it is being used by a friend right now.  I have taken other video and made a DVD and it was just fine.

I am not sure what the Project preset means.

I did not have any effects on them, but added some to see if it would makee a difference.  It did not.

I do see blurriness in the Timeline, but origianlly the clips were not like that.  Nothing special about the clips.

Yes, bluriness observed on a TV.  Tried 2 different DVD players, but again, I can see the bluriness in the Timeline now, but I couldn't before.

I just looked at the original of one of the clips and there is no bluriness.

It seems to me in happened after I rendered the files.  Is there a way to unrender them without losing all the movie?

Thanks,

Wayne

• 3. Re: Can anyone help with intermitent blurring on videos.
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Wayne,

With a HDD (Hard Disk Drive) camera, you will want to choose the Hard Drive Camera Project, when you start. At New Project, choose the Hard Disk, Flash Memory Camcorder Preset, and either the Standardy 48KHz, or Widescreen 48KHz setting, depending on what you shot.

It is likely that what you are seeing is not burriness, so much as MPEG artifacts in scenes, where there is much motion, either subject, or camera, and it can look blurry, but is due to Fields issues.

My guess is that you chose the default, NTSC (or PAL) DV Preset, and the MPEG compression of your HDD camera footage is not looking good in that.

Let me know if the Hard Disk Camcorder Preset works better for your footage.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Can anyone help with intermitent blurring on videos.
                wvpcr Level 1

Thanks.  I will try that.  How do I do that now that I have the movie made?  I have everything, sound , music, etc. the way I want it and I do not want to lose all of that.

I bet that you are right, because I just chose the default.

Thanks,

Wayne

• 5. Re: Can anyone help with intermitent blurring on videos.
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Wayne,

Unfortunately, the proper Project Preset needs to be set, when one does a New Project.

Unfortunately, the normal Windows Clipboard will not allow Copying and Pasting between separate Projects, and PrE will not allow one to have two Projects Open at the same time. What many use, however, is a Clipboard Extender, ClipMate, as one can then Select all Clips on the Timeline, Copy, close Project A, then Open Project B (with correct settings), and Paste.

A few users have been able to hack the PREL files, and make changes, but this is neither easy, nor something recommended for anyone but a highly skilled user of PrE - much can go very wrong, and there is no guarantee that things will work, once the editing has been done.

In your case, I would look into ClipMate.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Can anyone help with intermitent blurring on videos.
                    wvpcr Level 1

Thanks for your help.  I will.

Wayne