2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2010 4:21 PM by the_wine_snob

CLOSING AND SAVING TITLE WINDOW CONTENT

expeditionwest Level 1

I'm having a heck of a time finding SAVE or SAVE AS when completing a titling function in the titler window.

In the old days, and old ways (PPro 1.5), I'd open up titler window and create the following:

PREMIERE (arial 24 bold, centuer justified, horizontal center, vertical center), then SAVE AS: I'd save it as TXT_PREMIERE.

I'd then highlight PREMIERE, change the text to PRO, then SAVE AS: I'd save it as TXT_PRO.

I'd do the same with the third iteration, highlight PRO, change it to ROCKS, then SAVE AS: I'd savit as TXT_ROCKS.

This way I don't have to change each attribute in titler window, keeping consistency and cutting editing/titling time.

Withe CS5 titler, I can't find a SAVE or SAVE AS function. It seems to want to have you save the name ahead of time.

Is there a way I can achieve the OLD WAY with the NEW PRO ?

expeditonwest

• 1. Re: CLOSING AND SAVING TITLE WINDOW CONTENT
          shooternz Level 6

No ....but you can Export your Title to a folder location of your choice.

BTW .  Create new Title based on existing title function  may help you.

Open the existing one and go to the title menu for this.

• 2. Re: CLOSING AND SAVING TITLE WINDOW CONTENT
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Back in the "good old days," (talking about Title Deco, etc.), Titles were Saved as Assets. Now, they are included within the XML of the Project. That made life simpler on one end, but now requires a bit of a deviation in the workflow, if one wishes to use those in other Projects. Craig has covered that nicely. It is just a difference in the structure of the Titles now, and where they are stored.

Do note that your Saved Title will be in PRTL format, and only PrPro and PrE can open those. I have filed Feature Requests for some years for Photoshop, to include that format in supported files, but seems I might be alone in that desire. If one only wishes to use those in other Projects, or only wishes to edit them in PrPro, or PrE, then it's completely moot. The PRTL's will work just fine in those two programs.

Good luck,

Hunt