10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2016 12:30 PM by wael_abdelhamid

Transfer to Kindle

Rafa1949

Is there a way to transfer e books from Adobe Digital Editions to my Kindle?

Many thanks

• 2. Re: Transfer to Kindle
          rodger dea

How do i transfer a from adobe digital additions to my kindel?

• 3. Re: Transfer to Kindle
            Frustrated in AZ Level 4

That's an easy question to ask - but it might require a more complicated

answer, depending on a number of factors.  I don't want to be condescending,

so if you're well beyond the stuff below, pick and choose what you need.

First, let me assume that you have been using your Kindle for a while and

are comfortable with the way you transfer ebooks from B&N to it.

Next, let me assume that you've downloaded Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and

registered it with Adobe.

Finally, let me assume that you've downloaded an ebook to ADE successfully.

The missing piece is whether you've ever connected your Kindle to ADE via

your computer's USB interface.  So, let me star there.

I'll assume you're using a Windows computer.

Connect the Kindle to your computer via a USB cable.  Then, turn the Kindle

on.  The computer should indicate that an external hard drive has been

connected.  The Kindle will show that it's connected to the computer.

Now, open ADE.  It should open in Library view, with two panes.  The left

hand pane is the bookshelf pane, and if the Kindle has been registered with

B&N, but never connected to ADE before, ADE might ask you to authorize the

device.  Not a big deal.  Once that's been done, your Kindle should appear

on the bookshelf pane.  At that point, all you have to do is drag the ebook

from the right hand pane to the Kindle on the left, and ADE does the rest.

When you're done, exit ADE first, then watch the Kindle to make sure it

finishes updating before you disconnect it from the computer.

Hope that helps!

================

• 4. Re: Transfer to Kindle
              photo_chick Level 1

Actually... the above mentioned method would work for a Nook from B&N, not a Kindle from Amazon. Currently you cannot legally

use DRM protected PDF's on the Kindle. To use non-DRM protected book just connect your Kindle via USB to your computer and put them on there. But until Amazon decides they need to support the DRM PDF's Kindle users are out of luck. Or you could do like I do and view the handful of DRM protected PDF books I have for Adobe Digital Editions with the Adilko reader on my smartphone.

2 people found this helpful
              • 5. Re: Transfer to Kindle
                Frustrated in AZ Level 4

That's not entirely true either.  Amazon has linked its Kindle to its

website by using a 'superset' of .epub files.  Also, ADE does not support

this formatting, and thus Kindles can't connect to ADE directly.  I am not

sure whether the non-Kindle .epub files could be copied onto a Kindle and

then be accessible because of the way Amazon writes the files.....

=================

• 6. Re: Transfer to Kindle
                  LHLampi

How can I solve this problem?

Amazon
                  Your AccountAmazon.com
                  Message From Customer Service
                  Dear Luciano,

I've reviewed our previous correspondence with you, and I'm very sorry about the misunderstanding.

Unfortunately, we discontinued our eBook store in September 2006 and this product is no longer supported.

According to the terms of purchase, download access to eBooks through Your Media Library was only guaranteed for a period of 30 to 60 days after the purchase depending on the title.

Currently there is no possibility for recover of the editions.

For eBook support, we suggest contacting Adobe Support and Customer Service. For your convenience, I've provided the link below:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

With the introduction of Kindle, Kindle for PC, and mobile apps, we remain committed to the eBook format and now offer our eBook reader, Amazon Kindle, and thousands of eBook titles in the Kindle Store at:

www.amazon.com/kindlestore

If you do need to contact us in the future, We can be reached by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week using the following link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/software-downloads

I'm sorry, but won't be providing any additional insight on this matter.

Regards,

Swaroop Kumar.

Amazon.com
                  http://www.amazon.com
                  ===================================================

Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 10:44 AM
                  To: Bezos, Jeff
                  Subject: FW: A Message from Amazon.com Customer Service
                  ?
                  > Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 00:28:00 +0000
                  > From: cs-reply@amazon.com
                  > To: lhlampi@hotmail.com
                  > Subject: A Message from Amazon.com Customer Service
                  >
                  > Hello,
                  >
                  > I'm so sorry for the problem you had with your The Ten Faces of Innovation (Download: Adobe Reader) and you had to contact us.
                  >
                  > Since our customer service centers aren't in the same location as our fulfillment centers, I'm unable to check the physical details of the item for you.
                  >
                  > I don't have further details about the item - all the information available is displayed on each item's product detail page or is accessible from that page (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EMGG3O). I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
                  >
                  > In my experience, the quickest way to have this issue resolved is to contact the manufacturer directly for troubleshooting. Here's the Adobe's contact information:
                  >
                  > Call Toll Free - 1-800-836-9207
                  > Chat with an agent: 800-833-6687 -- Monday-Friday, 5am-7pm PST
                  >
                  > If you've contacted the manufacturer and they can't help, please send us a summary of that correspondence and we'll work on another solution.
                  >
                  > Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:
                  >
                  > http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-mi?c=cgguxetq3752349243&q=o2r
                  >
                  > I hope this information helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
                  >
                  > Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?
                  >
                  > If yes, please click here:
                  > http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=*************&k=hy
                  >
                  > If no, please click here:
                  > http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=*************&k=hn
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Best Regards,
                  >
                  > Rajesh M.
                  >
                  > Amazon.com
                  > Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
                  > http://www.amazon.com/your-account
                  >
                  > ---- Original message: ----
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > ---------------
                  > 12/31/12 12:40:42
                  > Your Name: Luciano Humberto Lampi
                  > Other info:my former adobe digital books
                  > Comments:Dears,
                  > I ordered and received adobe digital editions and due to hardware problems I´ve lost the files.
                  > How can I recover all my Amazon digital adobe editions?
                  > Can I have them converted to Kindle editions?
                  >
                  > One of them is:
                  > Order Placed:
                  > May 24, 2006
                  >
                  > View Order Details | View Invoice
                  > Order Number:102-7390387-9776912
                  > Recipient: Luciano Humberto Lampi
                  > Order Total:$11.67
                  > Thanks in advance for your attention.
                  > Happy New Year!
                  > Luciano H. Lampi

Best regards,
                  Swaroop Kumar.
                  Thank you.
                  Amazon.com

• 7. Re: Transfer to Kindle
                    sjpt Level 4

Assuming you are interested still in the original question:

I ordered and received adobe digital editions and due to hardware problems I´ve lost the files.

1. How can I recover all my Amazon digital adobe editions?
                    2. Can I have them converted to Kindle editions?

You can't generally recover Adobe DRM files; once you have downloaded them it is your responsibility to keep safe backups.

Some vendors are able to reprovision lost books; unfortunately most can't (any more than real booksellers will just replace burnt books).

As they said, Amazon have moved all their books to their proprietry format. 

They sell the Kindle cheap so that they can lock you in to buying their books.

Even if you still had the Adobe digital editions files, you could not convert them to Kindle format (short of DRM stripping).

• 8. Re: Transfer to Kindle
                      Angel1989 Level 1

We know that Kindle devices doesn't support ebooks from Adobe digital editions. So we need some extra steps to read adobe files (most of them are acsm files) on Kindle.

http://www.epubor.com/convert-acsm-to-kindle-mobi.html

• 9. Re: Transfer to Kindle
                        Nana1989

In fact there are solutions that can copy adobe epub to kindle, but not the directly copy. We have to convert those epub to kindle format, then transfer kindle format files to kindle.

http://www.epubor.com/how-to-convert-drm-protected-epub-to-mobi.html

convert-drm-epub-to-mobi.jpg

• 10. Re: Transfer to Kindle
                          wael_abdelhamid

Many thanks,

I tried your suggestion about using Aldiko and it works. 

Thanks.