2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2010 10:21 AM by BVISkipper

How do I import a slideshow produced in Photoshop Elements 8 into Premier Elements 7?

BVISkipper

I produced a 30 minute slide show in PSE 8 and saved it as a project.  Because I have PRE 7, PSE 8 will not allow me to open my project in PRE 7 from the menu bar.  How can I work around this problem without purchasing PRE 8?  I want to burn a high resolution DVD using PRE 7.

• 1. Re: How do I import a slideshow produced in Photoshop Elements 8 into Premier Elements 7?
          nealeh Level 5
          • Have you tried File> Send to Premiere Elements? It may not work because of the version differences but, if you haven't tried it, it must be worth a shot.
          • You can also copy images from PSE into PRE - this should be version independent but means you will need to build your slideshow in PRE7.
          • In PSE slideshow you can output the slideshow as a WMV (windows movie file) in many formats, including DVD for both NTSC and PAL. You could then bring this into PRE for adding your menus.
          • In PSE slideshow you can output the slideshow directly to DVD if you wish.

Two other points for you to consider:

1. You cannot create a 'high resolution DVD' there is no such thing. DVD is either 720x480 NTSC or 720x576 PAL. Those are the standards. (Although you can create a small (perhaps 20 minutes) Hi-Def 'mini-Blu-Ray' format on a DVD blank that will play on a Blu-Ray player)
          2. Because of this standard any still images you include will be resized to 720x480 NTSC. This creates two issues:
            • PRE chokes on high res images and will likely crash on you.
            • PRE is pants at downsizing stills, you should downsize them in PSE to your target size. Either 720x480 NTSC for wholly still frames or 1000x750 if you are doing some pan and zoom. More information here: What resolution should my photos be in Premiere Elements?

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: How do I import a slideshow produced in Photoshop Elements 8 into Premier Elements 7?
            BVISkipper Level 1

Thanks for your help.  I think I have solved the problem now.