1 person found this helpful
Definitely possible to record the audio using flash. You will need to make use of Microphone class from AS3. Find the exact details here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/media/Microphone. html
One such demo here: http://www.getmicrophone.com/?p=69
I have visited the links and came to know that we require Flash Media Server for recording audio.
I am not familiar with Flash Media Server. I have following question regarding FMS.
- Is it works like other servers(Apache Tomcat, JBoss)?
- What do we need to set it up ?
- My web application is built in Java/Struts 2 and running on Tomcat 5. Is there any effect on any side ?
- I need to communication with my DAO classes to save that audio in Database, and load it from the database again a particular user account. Shall I able to do it. (Servlets can also be used for request processing).
- Can I record audio in GSM / Wave ?
- Is there any other setting/installation on client side other than Flash Player ?
I do not have Flash installed on my machine at work (I will get it installed once I find Flash is providing the feasible solution). I have to complete my analysis in short time.
You need not use FMS. The link shared earlier was just one of the examples and to give you an idea that its possible through flash. As I said earlier have a look at Microphone and FileReferece APIs from AS3. Once you are familiar with these then the following library might be useful for you to directly reuse or modify: http://www.bytearray.org/?p=1858
Thank you Ganesh.
I am going to dive deeper into the Flash and will come back shortly with some other questions.