5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2007 1:36 AM by _name

Loading Clip

Sheik Yamid
      I have a menubar I'm working on for a company my friend works for, but i'm having trouble with it. One snag is they want to continue to use separate pages, so to save space I'm using a loader. But, when the page changes I want it to have the appropriate menu parts darkened/dropped, so that it looks the same as it left off on the previous page. Any clues on how to accomplish this? Here is the basic swf file I'm working with:
      http://terriblecomics.org/cast/

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Loading Clip
          _name Level 1
          am having trouble understanding what you want to do.
          do you want the overstate for any specific button to remain engaged while a user is on that page?
          • 2. Re: Loading Clip
            Sheik Yamid Level 1
            I want it to start out as if that button is being pressed. Then it can go back to normal when you scroll to a different part.
            • 3. Loading Clip
              _name Level 1
              below is a script that should suit your needs.
              • 4. Re: Loading Clip
                Sheik Yamid Level 1
                I'm not sure this is what I'm going for. Basically I'm trying to have a file that loads in a SWF file then tells a movieclip inside a movieclip in that SWF to go to a certain frame.
                • 5. Re: Loading Clip
                  _name Level 1
                  in a previous post under this thread you stated, "i want it to start out as if that button is being pressed. Then it can go back to normal when you scroll to a different part."
                  the code above will handle that for you and then some.

regarding your most recent post under this thread:

if you desire to load in swfs, not urls, change the btnonRelease portion of the code above by switching out "getURL" with "yourTarget.loadMovie."
                  once you have loaded in your external swf, if you want to target a movieclip within that swf, you will have to target it beginning with "yourTarget" that you loaded it into.

am still a little unclear on what you are actually wanting to have happen.