3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2012 3:21 AM by DanCondonJones

Form loses fragments when I run it

DanCJones

Hi

I've got a form which uses fragments.  This form previews fine in the designer, but when I try to run it using generatePDF Output in a process, the parts that come from the fragments are gone.

The following entries are in the log:

ALC-OUT-002-058: Cannot retrieve the resource from Repository Path.
      Authority component retrieved is "..". Path component retrieved is "/Fragments/scCoords.xdp".Underlying Exception is : ALC-REP-018-000:
      Resource [/Fragments/scCoords.xdp] does not exist or you do not have sufficient rights to access it.
      2010-09-07 11:46:59,987 WARN
      [com.adobe.livecycle.formsservice.exception.FormServerException]
      Authority component retrieved is "..". Path component retrieved is "/Fragments/BookmarkPage.xdp".Underlying Exception is : ALC-REP-018-000:
      Resource [/Fragments/BookmarkPage.xdp] does not exist or you do not have sufficient rights to access it.
      2010-09-07 11:46:59,997 WARN
      Authority component retrieved is "..". Path component retrieved is "/Fragments/bookmarks.xdp".Underlying Exception is : ALC-REP-018-000:
      Resource [/Fragments/bookmarks.xdp] does not exist or you do not have sufficient rights to access it.
      2010-09-07 11:47:00,007 WARN
      Authority component retrieved is "..". Path component retrieved is "/Fragments/scMessage.xdp".Underlying Exception is : ALC-REP-018-000:
      Resource [/Fragments/scMessage.xdp] does not exist or you do not have sufficient rights to access it.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks

Dan

• 1. Re: Form loses fragments when I run it
          Vikas Vijayrania Level 2

Please check http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/521/cpsid_52158.html

It should help you understand why the fragments are lost.

Regards

-Vikas

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Form loses fragments when I run it
            DanCJones Level 1

Thanks a lot for your reply - that certainly looks like the problem I'm running into.  Unfortunately the solutions it offers are:

• Use only application or repository URLs for your DDX and XDP  references. All references in the DDX and XDP form and fragments must  consistently use application or repository URLs. Within the XDP form and  fragments, these references can be relative.
            • Use only absolute references within the XDP form and fragments.  (This solution applies only if application or repository URLs cannot be  consistently used.) When form designers add a fragment to an XDP form  (or to another fragment), Designer ES2 creates a reference to the  fragment. By default, the reference is a relative reference to a  fragment library. Form designers can ensure that the Assembler service  can resolve fragment references by changing the relative reference to an  absolute reference. 

I can't work out how to do either of these though.  When I add a fragment to my form I can't find a way to stop it using a relative path (ie: ..\Fragments\BookmarkPage.xdp), and if I go into the Fragment info after it's attached it shows me this path, but won't let me edit it.

Do you know how to do it?

Thanks

Dan

• 3. Re: Form loses fragments when I run it
              DanCondonJones Level 1

For anyone who'se interested I found the solution on this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/799719

Here it is:

Assuming you launched Designer in Workbench and used that to add the fragments to the template, then the relative paths should be alright.   What you need to add is some information to tell Output where to start with the relative paths.

In your generatePDF call, under Template Options there is a Content Root URI field.   Output uses this, along with the paths in the form template to find the fragments.  The Content Root URI should point to the form template (not the fragments).

For example.  Say I have an application called GeneratePDF_Test v1.0  which has both a Fragments and a Forms directory.  Using Designer I create a new form and add the fragments from the Fragments directory.  Designer sets up my relative paths for me.  I save the form to the Forms directory.

In the generatePDF step I set the Content Root URI to:

repository:///Applications/GeneratePDF_Test/1.0/Forms/

Now Output knows where to start the relative paths so it can find the fragments