0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2010 9:57 AM by BendeRod

How can I setup Datalist's itemrenderers in Flash catalyst so Flex can use it as Skin ?

BendeRod

Hello Everyone !

I'm struggling with Flash Catalyst / Flex, as long as repeating google request in the objective to find an answer, but nothing so far...

Here is the deal : i want to have a clear Workflow between Catalyst and Builder. Therefore, i have two separates projects : one is modified by catalyst only and contains all my application's skins and design. The other one is edited by Flex Builder and contains all the logic. But i run into a very annoying problem, when it comes to Datalist !

I have an itemrenderer in a datalist that displays 3 information in 3 differents fields. Catalyst handles this good with it's conception time data panel. But, when you look at the source code, text properties of the created itemrenderer are binded to some stupide data object : {data.text1}, {data.text2}. That's great, but... In my Flex application, the real data object is more like data.name, data.firstname, data.score...

Is there a way i can tell Catalyst to use some {data.name} for its binding, so when the project is imported into Flash i can use Catalyst's generated code as "Skin" instead of modifying the catalyst's generated code ? That would break the workflow making iterative work impossible ?

Thanks in advance for information sharing or any solution to this...