2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2010 6:43 PM by the_wine_snob RSS

Error Message:  Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premier Pro to shut down.

Don1024

Hi. I'm having another serious problem with CS4 (the version that comes with CS5 when you don't have 64 bit capability. I just finished a project, had saved it, and then had switched over to Adobe Encoder to create a finished flash video (which worked perfectly). I shut down CS4, went home, tried to restart the main project to create a video from the same project (wanted to make an mpeg version as well) and got the following error message:

Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premier Pro to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project. Then the system shuts down.

Not only can I not open the project I was working on, I cannot open any of my prior projects without receiving the same error.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this issue and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

By the way, is everyone else having the same amount of problems with this software? I've never had any software that has had so many problems from the beginning. My opinion of this software and Adobe in general has gone down substantially.