Expand my Community achievements bar.

merge two LiveCycle documents.

Level 1

I imported a Word Document into LiveCycle.  I was almost finished, when I needed to change the look of

a couple of pages.  I edited the Word version, deleteting lines and text and then converted the necessary pages to a LiveCycle document.  I can 'extract' the 3 pages I don't want, but have no option to insert the new document file.  I also cannot rearrange the pages in the origianl LiveCycle document.  Any suggestions, other that starting over?

5 Replies

Former Community Member

The Word doc has been turned into XFA objects .....so now you can manipulate the XFA objects and not the original Word Doc. Make your changes to the fields in Designer not to the original Word doc.

Paul

Level 1

The changes I made were to delete underlining in the Word doc and then add check boxes in the LiveCycle document. LC would not let me delete the underlines.

Diana Lindoff

Pretreatment Technician

City of Gresham - DES-Wastewater

1333 NW Eastman Parkway

Gresham, OR 97030

503-618-2552

diana.lindoff@GreshamOregon.gov

Former Community Member

The text that made up the underlining in the XFA doc is either a font that has underlining on (you can change that in the font palette) or it created a line and you can highlight the line and delete that.

Paul

Level 1

I am a newbie and mostly self-taught. Attached is one page that has the underlines. What I am trying to do is to get rid of the underlines that came over from the Word Document and replace the first 3 columns with check boxes and a fill-in box on the final column.

( I had to Google XFA doc to get an idea of what it is) In the XML page, I didn't see any code that indicated underlining -- just bold and italic.

Diana

Former Community Member

There is no attachment ...you will not be allowed to add attachments ....can you email the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look. Make usre to indicate where the issue is in the form.

Paul