3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2010 10:55 PM by Maureen van den Bergh

Photos attached to a music file

Maureen van den Bergh Level 1

I am using elements for the first time.  So far I think I have done quite well, video footage with photos, (37 mins).  I am now adding music.  when i see the audio file on my computer hard drive it is a music file and it plays what it should.  When i import it (get media) it still shows as a music file (blue with the loudspeaker) but when i drag it onto the time line it is a jpeg file.  I then tried to import another single photo and when i have imported it is completely different to the one i originally selected.  What kind of gremlin do i have?  i have learnt so much through reading the forum but i have not read about this kind of problem.  Hope some one can help.

• 1. Re: Photos attached to a music file
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I don't know how a music file could possibly appear on the timeline as a JPEG. Are you sure that's what happening? Can you post a screen shot

of it so we can see it?

And are you saying that you're using Get Media to get a photo but, when you look at the photo in the Project panel, it's a completely different file?

Very strange.

First, ensure that your photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size, per my books and the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/431851?tstart=0

Using oversized photos (As I say in my books, photos directly from digital cameras can be 20-25 times that size) can cause strange behavior -- but I've never heard of anything quite like what you're describing.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Photos attached to a music file
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Does this happen to be an MP3 file? If so, it could well be that you are seeing the album art, embedded in the MP3.

I strongly recommend that one convert all MP3's to PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit with a program like Adobe Audition, or the free Audacity. Besides problems, like embedded album art, there are other issues lurking in MP3's. Just Open that file in the audio-editor and do a Save_As to the specs. above.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Photos attached to a music file
              Maureen van den Bergh Level 1

Thank you for your suggestions. My projectwas 99% complete and I was just finishing the background music and adding one or more photos.  The music file is an MP3 file.  i have not tried converting it.  I have made all my photos smaller.  The photo that appears on the time line after I have imported the music is one of my photos that i have used in my project. When i play that music file through window media it plays what I want to hear. When I tried to add an additional photo to my project and went to get media, clicked on the photo, open file, a different photo was sent to my project.  i decided that the project will just have to be complete minus that one additional photo and with any music I could add.  I have burnt the DVD and have given myself and the computer a rest. Your assistance through the forum has been extremely helpful to me with this project.