3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2016 1:26 PM by JoeDan54

Motion Blur when Exporting to 1080p

NJ Richard

I am having trouble trying to figure out why am i getting a serious motion blur when i export to 1080p in CS5.

My footage was shot on canon 7d 1080p 24fps. The sequence settings are set to the same as the footage. when i play the raw footage in quicktime there is no blur & when i play the edited sequence in premiere there is still no blur in the motion. When i export the sequence to 1080p i get a blur in the motion, but it looks good when i export to SD or even 720p. How can i get the quality of 1080p without the blur/ghost motion effect?

here are my export settings i used:

format: h.264

1080p 24fps

48khz

• 1. Re: Motion Blur when Exporting to 1080p
          John Novotny Level 1

I have the same issue exporting to 1080p 24fps h264 shot with 7D but transcoded with Neoscene and edited in CS 4. Did you find a solution?Thanks.

• 2. Re: Motion Blur when Exporting to 1080p
            Bob Dix Photographer Level 2

I have a Canon 5D mark II , I never use  24fps as it is film speed 35mm cinema mode. .There is no motion blur at 25 fps PAL broadcast quality using an IS EF Lens shown on a Sony HD Bravia 46" and that is using Premiere Pro 1.5.1 (which is 5 years old) after rendering in Premiere Elements 4 which can handle H.264 mov files and Exporting as Cineform Intermediate codec avi when transcoding  to Pro Tape or even Blu-Ray. The Exported result is vey clean to tape and Blu-Ray.

Using CS5 would eliminate the intermediate step I presume.If the camera shows no blur, the issue is probably in the rendering or transcoding ?

I might add the 1080i quality to tape and blu-ray is stunning and we have been using this method for 6 months on a XEON T5500 Workstation Quad Core with a NVidia Quadro FX 3800 video card

Message was edited by: Bob Dix

• 3. Re: Motion Blur when Exporting to 1080p
              JoeDan54 Level 1

I have the same question; all I know is that the motion blur is worse as a .mov than it is as a .mp4.