6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2010 10:48 AM by JoshBeall

Making the URL of an HTTP data service call the same domain it is served from

JoshBeall Level 1

Hi All,

I've got an HTTP service I defined in Flash Builder, via the "Data Services" tab.  I've got an absolute URL in there right now.  Here's what it looks like:

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-3116194-40679/HttpServiceConfig.png

What I really want is to not define a path that includes a domain name at all--I want the service to simply call an absolute path that's on the same domain as whatever domain the SWF was served from... can I do that?  When I got rid of the base URL and then gave an absolute URL path (e.g., /roster/deleteMember), Flex Builder complained that "File does not exist."  Well, of course it doesn't exist, it isn't a file, it's a URL to a service call--there is no corresponding file on the filesystem.

Can anyone advise me how to do that?  Changing the domain name has at least once caused me a great deal of trouble, and the only workaround I was able to figure out was to create a whole new project and copy/paste all the code from my previous project into that new project, and recreate the data service definitions.  Big headache!