1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 25, 2007 8:53 PM by Newsgroup_User

Import Template

Tenore_Primo
      I purchased a book called "Master Visually Dreamweaver" which includes a disk with sample files. I can't figure out how to access these files from within Dreamweaver. Specifically, a chapter about templates includes samples. I have created a site called "DreamweaverBook" but when I copy these files into it, and then try to select "Templates" from the "New" file dialog box, the templates do not show up. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but for the life of me I can't figure out what.
        • 1. Re: Import Template
          Level 7

> created a site called "DreamweaverBook" but when I copy these files into it,
          > and then try to select "Templates" from the "New" file dialog box, the
          > templates do not show up.

are these .dwt files?
          If yes- then in the root level of the local site folder for the
          "DreamweaverBook" site, create a new folder named exactly:
          Templates

one way to create the new folder- look in the Files Panel of dreamweaver.
          Right-click on the root level "DreamweaverBook" folder, and pick New->Folder
          and name it Templates [case sensitive]

copy the .dwt template files to the Templates folder.
          Also copy any supporting files to within this local site folder; such as
          images and css files. Note- only .dwt files go into the Templates folder. No
          images, no other type of files.

--
          Alan
          Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/