1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2010 1:22 PM by Valdur55

Webservice is not responding

Valdur55

Hi,

I have some troubles with my Flash Application.

It is a client which uses Webservices (Apache Tomcat and Java) to get the needed Data from the Database.

The problem is that if the client + webservice server is located on the same server it works, but if i want to split the Flash Client from the web service server no remote function calls are done anymore. Now the Client comes from a server outside of my home network (router in between).

I did some Securety stuff some helpfull people told me but still there is no communication.

I have created the policy file  and placed it in the right folder i suppose  (http:/xyz.com/crossdomain.xml). It looks like that:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
      <!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.macromedia.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
      <cross-domain-policy>
      <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/>
      <allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="1-65000" />
      </cross-domain-policy>

This is maybe not the best config but it should be the allow everything for test purpose right?

I tried Charles and i can confirm that the flash file requests the crossdomain.xml and receives it.

After that i installed a network sniffer on my server and have seen that the flash file requests after the crossdomain.xml

the WSDL file of my web service server and the XSD file. Both of the file are successfully send to the flash application.

And  then nothing, the part where the flash application should now starts to  call the web service is missing, it seems to me that the flash  application did not send a request because the network sniffer on my  server stops after the the three previous described requests.

Anyone any idea?

Regards Valdur