See this document:
That document talks about aggressive firewall settings, but we've also seen that some other software (like FileMaker) can block the TCP communication that these components require.
Thank you for your response, Todd.
It wasn't my firewall blocking anything, but here's what I did to finally fix it...
I deleted ALL of the codec in the QT file and now it works! I read someone said that conflicting codec can do it, but I didn't realize that it was through QT. So I deleted the codec folder, and it works. Everything else seems to work as well, so I hope that it's fixed. I could care less about QT, but I need to be able to use my CS5 programs for school!
Thank you again for your help.
I believe I have found the culprit.
I was having the same problem.
I went into the task manager and found that Adobe QT32 Server.exe was running.
I ended that process and then AE CS5 started up normally.
Apparently Adobe QT32 Server is loaded by AE and wasn't terminated at
my last AE session.
I hope this helps