3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2010 2:53 PM by TransoniqHacker

Flex apps not working in IE6...sometimes

TransoniqHacker

I have a strange problem that is causing me to go bald..

When I create an application in Flex and run it, IE pops up and I get the message:

"Alternate HTML content should be placed here. This content requires the Adobe Flash Player. Get Flash "

Flash is installed already. In fact, I have uninstalled it, installed it, installed the debugger version, installed the non-debugger version, etc trying to solve the problem. This all worked before (in fact just a few days ago) and I have had flex installed for a couple years without problem. I have tried this in a few scenarios.. Previewing the application on my local harddrive. Previewing on a network drive, previewing on an internal website. None work (though they used to). When I view applications outside our local network, I can view them fine.

This same application works fine in Firefox. I can preview, debug, everything in all situations just fine.

Other machines in the office on the same network with less rights than me show the application working fine. They have Flash 10 installed.

Does anyone have ANY idea why this might be happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Matt