2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2010 8:56 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements 3.0_stops inserting video clips?

BriteEyes05

Hi I hope someone can help me out here. When I'm adding mini video clips, it stops after a point which is no where near even half a dvd let alone a full one, and says 'adobe system memory low', cannot add any more save project. 

What gets me is that my PC is has plenty of gb memory on it, do I need to do something in settings so it will take more video clips?  Its really frustrating, my husband bought me this as a 40th present 2 years ago and I haven't been able to create a finished dvd properly because what I want to create is stopped by premiere with this system low, save project message, there is no way near the amount of clips I could get onto a dvd.  Any ideas please???  Thanks

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 3.0_stops inserting video clips?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

First, have you update your version 3 with the version 3.02 patch? This is very important -- especially if you are working on a system running other than Windows XP.

Second, I'm not quite clear where things are failing for you. Are you saying you're capturing miniDV over FireWire and that the program won't capture any further? If not, what type of camcorder is your video coming from and how are you getting it into your computer?

How fast is your processor, how much RAM do you have and how much free space is left on your C drive? Are you capturing your video to your C drive or to another drive?

You will likely need at least 20-30 gigs of free space on your C drive -- and it's very important that this drive be freshly defragmented. Fragmentation can cause the very symptoms you're describing, since the program need large chunks of free hard drive space for its paging and scratch files.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 3.0_stops inserting video clips?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

With Memory/Resource issues, this ARTICLE might prove useful.

For setting up a computer for an editing session, this ARTICLE might give you some tips. For editing video, one needs all the Memory and Resources available. Most computers are overloaded with bloatware, and cleaning that out, or stopping unnecessary programs, and processes, will help greatly.

Good luck,

Hunt