2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2012 4:50 AM by Gabiango

Command-line Compilation of Photoshop Panels

encytemedia

Hello,

I'm attempting to create a Photoshop Panel using the Flex SDK and the mxmlc compiler.  I'd really love to avoid Flash Builder.  Here is the compilation line and the resulting error:

~/dev/shared/flex/bin/mxmlc --show-actionscript-warnings=true --strict=true -include-libraries=CSXSLibrary-2.0-sdk-3.4.swc -load-config=config.xml gridpanel.mxml
      Loading configuration file /Users/justin/dev/me/photoshop/gridpanel/config.xml

/Users/justin/dev/me/photoshop/gridpanel/CSXSLibrary-2.0-sdk-3.4.swc(mx.core:IWindow)
      Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: NativeWindow.

/Users/justin/dev/me/photoshop/gridpanel/CSXSLibrary-2.0-sdk-3.4.swc(mx.events:FlexNativeMenuEvent)
      Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: NativeMenu.

/Users/justin/dev/me/photoshop/gridpanel/CSXSLibrary-2.0-sdk-3.4.swc(mx.events:FlexNativeMenuEvent)
      Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: NativeMenuItem.

/Users/justin/dev/me/photoshop/gridpanel/CSXSLibrary-2.0-sdk-3.4.swc(mx.controls:HTML)
      Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: HTMLHistoryItem.

/Users/justin/dev/me/photoshop/gridpanel/CSXSLibrary-2.0-sdk-3.4.swc(mx.controls:HTML)
      Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: HTMLUncaughtScriptExceptionEvent.

Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: HTMLHost.

Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: HTMLHost.

/Users/justin/dev/me/photoshop/gridpanel/CSXSLibrary-2.0-sdk-3.4.swc(mx.managers:NativeDragManagerImpl)
      Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: NativeDragEvent.

I don't have too much experience with Flex, but I'm guessing the CSXS library is using mx.* components that I haven't linked against.

Here is the config file I'm using.  My flex SDK is located at "/Users/justin/dev/shared/flex/", hence the absolute paths in the config file.

Out of desperation, I downloaded Flash Builder to see if I could inspect what compilation command it was running.  I had it dump the config file it was generating, and attempted to use it (it looks almost identical) and I ended up with the same error when trying to compile from the command line.

For the sake of completness, I have a super basic MXML file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml">

<!-- Copyright 2010 __MyCompanyName__. -->

</mx:Application>

Have any idea what I might be missing?

- Thanks