5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2010 9:25 AM by Egbert Sive

Converting from PE6 to PE7

Egbert Sive

I have some projects saved in PE6 and try to convert them to PE7.

The video-part works fine, but the audio takes the original track.

It's obvious that things are out of sync now.

Does anyone have a better solution than re-editing the whole 5 hours?

• 1. Re: Converting from PE6 to PE7
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

We always recommend that you NEVER open a project created in an older version of the software with a newer version of the program. It nearly always causes buggy behavior.

The best solution is to finish up the project (or at least the segment you're working on) in version 7, then use Share/Personal Computer/AVI to output a DV-AVI.

The completed DV-AVI will load right into your version 7 project and you can continue editing.

• 2. Re: Converting from PE6 to PE7
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Is this a Project that was done as a SlideShow in Photoshop Elements 6? I only ask, as there was no PrE 6. That program jumped from PrE 4 to PrE 7, to get the version numbers the same, between PSElements and PrElements.

Now, if the Project was done in PSE 6, how did you get it into PrE 7?

For simple OOS (Out Of Sync) issues in PrE, this ARTICLE might be helpful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Converting from PE6 to PE7
              Egbert Sive Level 1

Sorry for the confusion. It must have been version 4 instead of 6.

Since I don't have the old version anymore, I'll try to shift the audio.

If this fails, there seems to be no other solution than to do the whole editing job again.

Thanks for the advices!

• 4. Re: Converting from PE6 to PE7
                the_wine_snob Level 9

I then assume that you are Opening the PREL (Project) files in PrE 7, and after the conversion to PrE 7, this is where the OOS is coming in. Is that correct?

Is the Audio from the Video Clips, i.e. muxed Audio & Video in a single file, or is it a Soundtrack, or Narration Track?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Converting from PE6 to PE7
                  Egbert Sive Level 1

That's correct.

I removed the previous installation of PE and installed the current one (PE7).

Afther that I opened the PREL (project) in PE7 and face this problem.

The Prel only contains the original audio, which was in sync with the picture before I used PE7.

Egbert